At Primitive Strength and Wellness, we teach our clients that quality of life can be improved through quality movement, nutrition, strength training, and massage.
Whether it be body weight, kettlebells or barbells, we focus on technique and body weight movement before we attempt to load the client with weight. We also believe strength is the foundation for all other physical attributes.
Safe & Effective Training
We are here to help our students and clients move better by gaining more mobility and flexibility, and get stronger, by using safe and effective training methods.
See REAL Results
We started Primitive Strength in order to show people that they can move better, and get stronger through our system of training. We have seen the results, not only in our clients, but in ourselves as well.
We employ two of Amarillo’s top massage therapists who have over 20 years of combined experience. We offer very detailed and specific massages, that will help restore lost and limited movement.
Employing three of the areas only certified StrongFirst instructors, we have received instruction from the best at StrongFirst, the National Strength and Conditioning Association, and Precision Nutrition.
Trainers That Care
If your goal is simply to be able to get up and down from a chair or to be a well trained athlete, we are here to help you obtain the best results in the shortest amount of time.
Personal Experiences From Training With Us!
- Brian and Roxanne are amazing! I have been working with them for about a year now and I have never looked better. Their kettle bell training is great for toning, without bulking up!! And it’s fun!Breeze
- I was completely sedentary before I came to Primitive Strength. When I started a few months ago I was only able to do the first two moves of the Turkish Get Up, and I had to do the moves without weight. Now I’m going full TGUs with weight! I’m building muscle, working on my cardio, and increasing mobility all at once. Primitive Strength ROCKS!Amy P
- I was dismayed after my chiropractor told me that I was on my way to being an old man slumped over and fighting back and neck pain. I daily work at a desk staring at a computer for hours on end and found little time for physical exercise. While young, I played sports and was in great shape. But that gradually changed as I got older. I decided that it was time to do something. At the strong direction of my son, I started training with Brian over 9 months ago. It was one of the best decisions I’ve made in the last 10 years. Brian has helped me to regain much of my core body strength, flexibility, and over all good posture. I highly recommend him and his kettle bell training to anyone needing to get back in shape or even to just improve on where you are today.Scott R
- Brian is a fantastic trainer and he and Roxanne practice what they preach. If you want to move better, feel better and look better, Brian will devise a strategy to put you in position to be successful. I worked with Brian for several years before he started Primitive Strength and still use what he taught me to this day. His attention to detail keeps the workout safe, challenging and dynamic. While Brian will certainly help you slim down, improve your strength, or increase your athleticism, he really excels at creating a path towards mastery for you to follow. When you’re ready to stop working out and start training, Brian can help you go from where you are to where you want to be.Andrew
- StrongFirst K-BELL trainers … best trained trainers in the fitness world … bar none! Hardstyle K-BELL training isn’t the best kept secret in fitness anymore … cat’s out of the bag … if you want to GET STRONG and GET FIT … there is nothing better than StrongFirst “certified” K-BELL instruction. And right here in Amarillo we have one of the BEST K-BELL studios in the state of Texas … Primitive Strength K-BELL studio.Tom G
- The massage department is awesome!! I didn’t know what I was missing until I had one.Lisa
- Brian and Roxanne are exceptional trainers and have helped me reach a new level in fitness, strength, and flexibility. I had been religiously doing cardio for years and had really hit a brick wall in terms of fitness and weight control. Their strength and flexibility training is getting me in the best shape of my life and I’m having a great time working toward that goal. For those times of recovery from very challenging workouts, their massage therapy staff is second to none.David S